Warning: mysql_num_fields() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/adwood5/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 3096
Jim’ll Fix It Theme (Chords)

Jim’ll Fix It Theme (Chords)

Jim’ll Fix It Theme (Chords)

Apologies to the majority of you who have probably never heard this song before, but after mentioning it the other day I couldn’t resist writing it up.

One thing to look out for in this is the two different versions of the C chord. In the original there’s a strong bass-line move from C to D to E. So I’ve emphasized the E note in the second C chord. You can use the traditional C chord. But the C’ chord does make the transition to Ab easier.

And check out the Musical Youth version for inspiration.

1. Nick Bardy-Chivor May 24th, 2009 9:01 pm

Nowthen…Nowthen…Jewelry…Jewelry..Jangle…Jangle…
    I wrote to Jimmy ( even though my mam said he was a nutter, who’d probably banged out the odd number on the rusty uke in his time, although I think he would be more likely to play the pink oboe)…any how, he didn’t think my child hood dream worthy of “FIXING”…He probably wasn’t a fan of throbbing gristle…Wicked theme tune though…thanks for your tabbage I’ll be annoying people with it for some time me thinks…

2. Iain May 25th, 2009 9:33 am

What have you done? Things will never be the same for me now. Yip yip, now then now then, hm?

3. J-Hob May 25th, 2009 9:40 am

We have been playing the version from the TUSC songbook at the Monday Ukearist for a while now, only appeals to a fairly specific demographic of late 20s through to late 30s though! I love it, sounds great on a uke!

4. zymeck May 25th, 2009 12:58 pm

*eats packed lunch on roller-coaster*

5. Woodshed May 25th, 2009 9:52 pm

Nick: I never even had the ambition to write to him in the first place.

Iain: I have been playing this one a little too often myself.

J-Hob: I’ve been thinking of tabbing up Theme from Sparta FC by The Fall – but that might be too narrow a demographic.

zym: Why do they always show that one? *grumble, grumble, lazy TV folk*

6. zym May 26th, 2009 12:15 am

i think they always show it because its the pinnacle of 80’s British telly :D

7. J-Hob May 26th, 2009 8:05 am

Sod just doing Theme from Sparta FC, have an entire week devoted to the Fall! A potential 50,000 new visitors for the site!

Can I put a vote in for Totally Wired?

8. mictoboy May 26th, 2009 10:19 am

ooh! yes! Seconded for a ‘The Fall’ week-ah
    chords for the whole of hex enduction hour please-ah :)

9. Nick Bardy-Chivor May 26th, 2009 1:36 pm

I must have thirds on the Fall week, “Yeah Yeah Industrial estate”, I’m reading Mark E’s auto bio “Renegade” at the moment, He’s a chuiffing nutter!!

10. Woodshed May 26th, 2009 9:51 pm

zym: Unfortunately, it probably is as good as 80s TV got (except The Young Ones and Fraggle Rock).

John, Micto and Nick: Hmm, looks like I’ll have to do some Fall. How I Made Elastic Man might work on the uke. Didn’t Frank Sidebottom do a version?

11. Nick-Hill May 27th, 2009 11:17 am

Frank and little frank definatley did a memorable rendition of “Hit the north”!!!

12. Woodshed May 28th, 2009 10:12 pm

Nick-Hill: So they did (and still does judging by the YouTube videos).

13. wiccabasket October 15th, 2012 9:08 pm

You might want to get rid of this one now ;)

14. Pete October 29th, 2012 2:52 pm

seriously, probably best you remove this one now……

15. seb November 4th, 2012 1:57 pm

thank you! now im all set for my gig at madame jojos tonight! i love the internet!

16. Woodshed November 4th, 2012 2:04 pm

seb: I knew some sick bastard would be glad I left it up!

Have a good gig. Hope you don’t get lynched.