Jim’ll Fix It Theme (Chords)

Jim’ll Fix It Theme (Chords)

Apologies to the majority of you who have probably never heard this song before, but after mentioning it the other day I couldn’t resist writing it up.

One thing to look out for in this is the two different versions of the C chord. In the original there’s a strong bass-line move from C to D to E. So I’ve emphasized the E note in the second C chord. You can use the traditional C chord. But the C’ chord does make the transition to Ab easier.

And check out the Musical Youth version for inspiration.

1. Nick Bardy-Chivor May 24th, 2009 9:01 pm

Nowthen…Nowthen…Jewelry…Jewelry..Jangle…Jangle…
    I wrote to Jimmy ( even though my mam said he was a nutter, who’d probably banged out the odd number on the rusty uke in his time, although I think he would be more likely to play the pink oboe)…any how, he didn’t think my child hood dream worthy of “FIXING”…He probably wasn’t a fan of throbbing gristle…Wicked theme tune though…thanks for your tabbage I’ll be annoying people with it for some time me thinks…

2. Iain May 25th, 2009 9:33 am

What have you done? Things will never be the same for me now. Yip yip, now then now then, hm?

3. J-Hob May 25th, 2009 9:40 am

We have been playing the version from the TUSC songbook at the Monday Ukearist for a while now, only appeals to a fairly specific demographic of late 20s through to late 30s though! I love it, sounds great on a uke!

4. zymeck May 25th, 2009 12:58 pm

*eats packed lunch on roller-coaster*

5. Woodshed May 25th, 2009 9:52 pm

Nick: I never even had the ambition to write to him in the first place.

Iain: I have been playing this one a little too often myself.

J-Hob: I’ve been thinking of tabbing up Theme from Sparta FC by The Fall – but that might be too narrow a demographic.

zym: Why do they always show that one? *grumble, grumble, lazy TV folk*

6. zym May 26th, 2009 12:15 am

i think they always show it because its the pinnacle of 80’s British telly :D

7. J-Hob May 26th, 2009 8:05 am

Sod just doing Theme from Sparta FC, have an entire week devoted to the Fall! A potential 50,000 new visitors for the site!

Can I put a vote in for Totally Wired?

8. mictoboy May 26th, 2009 10:19 am

ooh! yes! Seconded for a ‘The Fall’ week-ah
    chords for the whole of hex enduction hour please-ah :)

9. Nick Bardy-Chivor May 26th, 2009 1:36 pm

I must have thirds on the Fall week, “Yeah Yeah Industrial estate”, I’m reading Mark E’s auto bio “Renegade” at the moment, He’s a chuiffing nutter!!

10. Woodshed May 26th, 2009 9:51 pm

zym: Unfortunately, it probably is as good as 80s TV got (except The Young Ones and Fraggle Rock).

John, Micto and Nick: Hmm, looks like I’ll have to do some Fall. How I Made Elastic Man might work on the uke. Didn’t Frank Sidebottom do a version?

11. Nick-Hill May 27th, 2009 11:17 am

Frank and little frank definatley did a memorable rendition of “Hit the north”!!!

12. Woodshed May 28th, 2009 10:12 pm

Nick-Hill: So they did (and still does judging by the YouTube videos).

13. wiccabasket October 15th, 2012 9:08 pm

You might want to get rid of this one now ;)

14. Pete October 29th, 2012 2:52 pm

seriously, probably best you remove this one now……

15. seb November 4th, 2012 1:57 pm

thank you! now im all set for my gig at madame jojos tonight! i love the internet!

16. Woodshed November 4th, 2012 2:04 pm

seb: I knew some sick bastard would be glad I left it up!

Have a good gig. Hope you don’t get lynched.