Internet Ukulele Video of the Year 2007: Vote

The nominations are in. I’ve weighed and measured them. I’ve made up the rules as I’ve gone along. Here are the nominees:

Bosko and Honey – Fingerpickin’ Love In
Gallier – Bushman ukulelen videocontest
GUGUG – Blitzkrieg Bop
Heftone – The Entertainer
John King – Bach Prelude
John Rockwell – re: Your Brains
Seeso – Waiting In Vain
Sweetafton23 – Tom Cruise Crazy
Ukulelezaza – La Vie En Rose
Waitswatcher – Hoist That Rag
Jeremy Warmsley – Ukulele Session

Vote for your favourite using this form (if you’re reading this via email or a feed you’ll have to come to the site). You only get one vote – use it wisely. Voting closes midnight Friday 18th January (Hawaii time). The winners gets fame, glory and absolutely no prizes with any monetary value whatsoever.

Results are in, you can find the winner here.

1. Howlin' Hobbit January 12th, 2008 5:24 pm

Well, that was some tough choice to make.

2. JennyFlame January 12th, 2008 5:39 pm

I would say easiest choice ever! :)

3. zym January 12th, 2008 10:23 pm

Sweetafton23 FTW!

4. Winin' Boy January 13th, 2008 10:51 am

I’d say it was a tough choice!
    The contagious enthousiasm of GUGUG? The original rethinking of the uke and good taste of Heftone ? The incurable romanticism of ukulelezaza? The guitaristic virtuosity of Waitswatcher? The delicate classicism of John King? The feel-good pop and beautiful voice of Sweetafton? And I have always been a fan of Sam Cooke…
    In the end I chose for my favorite player’s channel of the year, not the particular vid.

5. Woodshed January 13th, 2008 2:22 pm

I’m well and truly in the ‘tough choice’ camp. They’re all brilliant in their own way. And it’s difficult to compare them.

Jenny: You only found it easy because you want to snog GUGUG.

6. Nelson January 13th, 2008 4:28 pm

That was a tough choice…
    wtbf John King should be higher!

7. Woodshed January 13th, 2008 4:53 pm

Should be, but isn’t. That’s democracy for you.

8. Minamin January 13th, 2008 7:03 pm

I’d never even heard of Jeremy Warmsley before, that video was great.

9. Woodshed January 13th, 2008 8:34 pm

Glad you liked it, Minamin. That’s the real reason I’m doing this – to make sure no one’s missed anything major.

10. Bosko & Honey « Ukewarehouse’s Weblog January 14th, 2008 5:52 am

[…] the way, go to UkeHunt and vote for Best Internet Ukulele Video of the Year 2007. I was torn between Bosko & Honey’s Fingerpickin’ Love-in, GUGUG and Sweetafton23. […]

11. newbie January 15th, 2008 6:13 pm

I’ve chosen the GUGUG video but not because I like this particular video but because I like their channel.
    Otherwise I’d have chosen Sweetafton23 video, altough I prefere her version of Toxic.

12. Woodshed January 15th, 2008 11:20 pm

The GUGUG channel is particularly great. Any of their vids could be in this list. I think probably my favourite Sweetafton video was Mr Fancy Pants. Just perfect.

13. jeanadriane January 16th, 2008 12:06 pm

Tough choice for sure! The wonderful Bosko&Honey, the legendary John King, Waitswatcher’s fab playing, John Rockwell’s fine vid (and his heart in the right place), and Jeremy Warmsley’s passionate rendition… Oh my…

14. moocher January 16th, 2008 7:04 pm

I got Jeremy Warmsleys album The Art of Fiction over christmas and it is very good. Not exclusively uke but uke friendly.

15. Frank Language January 18th, 2008 4:44 pm

I voted with my head, but in my heart I wanted the Blitzkrieg Bop boys to win.

16. Woodshed January 19th, 2008 3:47 pm

Voting closed.

Thanks to everyone who voted. A deserved winner, I think. But about 7 of them deserved to win.

17. GUGUG/The Ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop | Uke Hunt April 26th, 2008 10:10 am

[…] had this one written up and been intending to post it since the Ukulele Video of the Year (I think it was my favourite, still can’t decide), but I finally got a kick up the arse when […]