Ukulele Video of the Year 2008: Your Vote

The nominations for Ukulele Video of the Year are in and I’ve come up with a list of 11 videos as contenders.

I think it provides a pretty good overview of the ukulele scene at the moment: orchestras and solo acts; originals and covers; songs and instrumentals; pros and ams. Some surprises though. No Bosko and Honey. And I thought JuNu would make it this year.

Here are the links to the videos in reverse alphabetical order. You get one vote, so use it wisely. If you’re reading this via the feed or email click here to come over to the blog and vote. Voting closes at midnight Hawaii time next Tuesday (3rd February).

Wellington International Ukulele Orchestra – It’s a Heartache
Ukulelezo – Optional Accessory
Ukebucket – The Fourth Thursday of November
Rod Thomas – Same Old Lines
Sweetafton23 – I Believe She’s Lying
Seeso – Hotel California
Neal Paisley – Gossip
GUGUG – Surfin’ Bird
The Gentle Surprise – Gimme That Wine
The Barnkickers – Night Song
Jason Arimoto – Little Wing

[poll=3]

1. Ukulelehunt Announces Video Contest Winner « Panther Red February 4th, 2009 10:00 pm

[…] Posted by acilius under Music | Tags: ukulele, Ukulele Hunt |   I posted earlier about Ukulelehunt’s “Ukulele Video of the Year 2008 Contest.”  Now, the results are in.  Here’s the winner.   It wasn’t my choice, but I […]

2. Tim Capper February 5th, 2009 9:29 am

Congrats to Rod Thomas from me and the whole Wellington International Ukulele Orchestra.
    Thanks to everyone that voted for us too.

I guess its just a heartache

3. Woodshed February 5th, 2009 10:48 pm

Tim: I don’t think being the second best ukulele video of the year is any reason for heartache ;)

It’s a great video and loads of people absolutely love it.

4. zym February 5th, 2009 11:12 pm

cor!

im going to have start bringing my autograph book everytime i visit this site :D

5. Carrie February 5th, 2009 11:26 pm

Good job Rod Thomas. It is a sweet video.

I am disappointed that the W.I.U.O didn’t take first place but they have first place in my heart… hmmm that’s much of a consolation prize!

Woodshed again, thanks for this great site. I will be making use of it to look for a new uke in addition to the one I already have. The one I have is OK I reckon… its a Leolani (I think its more of a trinket type uke…one you bring back from holiday) but it sounds good and I have already learned a song!

Uke on!

6. Woodshed February 7th, 2009 9:18 am

zym: I’m pretty sure I saw Gary Wilmot hanging around the bins. He’s probably still there now.

Carrie:Good luck with the uke. I’m sure it won’t be long until I’m featuring WIUO again.

7. Ukulelezo « Panther Red February 8th, 2009 4:35 pm

[…] Ukulelezo’s “Optional Accessory,” in which she purports to have a mustache fetish,….   And deservedly so; here’s the video: […]