Friday Links

Top 50 Ukulele SitesI’ve started bookmarking ukulele related sites I come across on Uke Hunt’s Tumblr. Mainly for my own reference but there will be plenty of uke related stuff there if you’re interested.

Top 50 ukulele sites. Give me some love and click on the image. If you were to click it over and over again, I don’t think I’d be able to stop you.

Ukulele warm up exercises on DoctorTrey.

Jake Shimabukuro trawls YouTube for talent: “I’m constantly on YouTube trying to stumble across these amazing musicians that don’t have a record out yet.”

Colorado Ukulele Festival February 9th 2008.

10 steps to ukulele madness from the Ukulele Allstars.

Banjo-lele blog in a language unknown to me.

UkuleleStrummers.com

serenade - Threadless, Best T-shirts EverMinotaur serenades with a ukulele on a sadly unmade t-shirt.

Mix your own samba band (including uke player).

1. pam August 24th, 2007 2:40 pm

Oh, sh*t. I’m at stage seven of ukulele madness!

2. Woodshed August 24th, 2007 3:55 pm

I have to admit to occasionally dabbling in a little number 9. Ash is scrummy.

3. Mandy August 24th, 2007 7:56 pm

I’m a number 9… I think number ten is a bit much.
    Hey, I’ve clicked your ‘Top 50′ logo a couple of times… maybe you could do the same for me?!?

Mooglymoo

4. Woodshed August 25th, 2007 9:41 am

It depends how you interpret number 10. I’ve played ukulele in bed many times. I’ve fall asleep with a ukulele in close proximity. But I’ve never ‘taken on to bed’ in the euphemistic sense. And everyone who says I have is lying.

*Clickety, clickety, click*

5. Winger August 25th, 2007 10:31 am

Number 7 for me – is there a uke asylum?

Btw, Woodshed, any chance of some ukehunt merchandise with your litle logo thing???!!! I fancy a little t-shirt for my hols.

6. jennyflame August 25th, 2007 3:12 pm

I have fell asleep while playing my uke in bed, so technically I’ve done #10.

7. Brian August 26th, 2007 10:38 am

Hi all,
    I think I need to consult a Ukologist-I’ve skipped numbers 6&8 and gone straight to 10-in a platonic sense you understand !!-Do I have “UKUPHILIA” ?
    yours worried of Eastcote

8. Woodshed August 26th, 2007 11:57 am

Winger: T-shirts are a possibility. There might be some copyright issues with using the logo. But I’d probably get away with it.

Jenny: It makes a change from falling asleep clutching a t-shirt :P

Brian: I haven’t done 6 or 8 either. In my case, attempting to charge people to listen to me would be completely insane.

9. Patrik September 21st, 2007 11:04 am

http://uke-banjo.info – Banjo-lele blog in a czech language :o)

10. Woodshed September 21st, 2007 4:20 pm

Thanks, Patrik. I’ve mentioned it in this week’s links.

11. Uke Hunt » Friday Links September 21st, 2007 4:23 pm