Ukulele Video of the Year 2008: Your Nominations

Man, there are a lot of ukulele videos being uploaded. It seems like the rate their being added goes up every week. Which makes the choice of Ukulele Video of the Year even harder than it was last year (when Sweetafton came out on top).

Luckily, it’s not down to me.

For the first stage, everyone gets to nominate up to 5 videos – leave them in the comments. From those nominations, I’ll cobble together a list of ten (ish) to go to the big vote.

Rules:

– The ukulele must be the primary instrument.
– Videos must have been recorded and uploaded in 2008.
– Videos must be publicly available online.
– Maximum of five nominations per person.
– Post your nominations in the comments.
– Nominations close midnight Tuesday 27th January (Hawaii time).
– Ten acts with the most nominations go into the final vote with their most nominated song going forward (this stage took a bit of fudging last year).
– No prize. Just the love and admiration of the heaving masses.

Don’t panic if your comments don’t show up right away. When a comment contains a few links it gets held back for spam checking.

My Nominations:

Michael Wagner – Love Song
Rio en Medio – Kill the Messenger
Timesbold – All Readymade
Ukulelezo – Optional Accessory
Maddi J* – Away

1. sooty shearwater January 27th, 2009 3:56 pm

Another vote for Heartache! Brilliant uking, brilliant video. Except I wish he’d accidentally dropped it at the very end, then it would be perfect. (Watch the video to see what I mean).

2. Ann January 27th, 2009 6:18 pm

Awww Sooty – he’d had a hard day – he deserved his piece of pie!

3. Woodshed January 27th, 2009 6:39 pm

I’m surprised no one has mentioned the Wellington International Ukulele Orchestra yet.

4. Allison's R January 27th, 2009 7:19 pm

It is amazing that the Kiwis all have a similar voting pattern . . .

Seeso and Zoe – Angel from Montgomery http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IgCCfuYiuI

Neal Paisley – Everything is Perfect

Max de Benardi + Veronica Sibergia – Se stasera sono qui

Dorian Michael – Very Blue Hawai

Loudon Wainwright – Ukulele

5. zym January 27th, 2009 11:12 pm

who?

6. Woodshed January 28th, 2009 10:08 am

That’s your lot. Nominations closed. The final vote will be up later today.

Thanks to everyone who voted. And spanks to Jodi and Zoe for nominating far too many videos.

7. Ukulelezo January 28th, 2009 5:54 pm

Once again, Al posts his spanking fantasies for all the internets to see! :)

and for the record – I only nominated 5. I just said I like the other ones! Don’t burn me on a technicality!

8. Woodshed January 28th, 2009 7:42 pm

Ukulelezo: I think we all know who’s doing the fantasizing here. This is the first time I’ve ever mentioned my Nazi spanking fetish on the blog.