Man, there are a lot of ukulele videos being uploaded. It seems like the rate their being added goes up every week. Which makes the choice of Ukulele Video of the Year even harder than it was last year (when Sweetafton came out on top).
Luckily, it’s not down to me.
For the first stage, everyone gets to nominate up to 5 videos – leave them in the comments. From those nominations, I’ll cobble together a list of ten (ish) to go to the big vote.
- The ukulele must be the primary instrument.
- Videos must have been recorded and uploaded in 2008.
- Videos must be publicly available online.
- Maximum of five nominations per person.
- Post your nominations in the comments.
- Nominations close midnight Tuesday 27th January (Hawaii time).
- Ten acts with the most nominations go into the final vote with their most nominated song going forward (this stage took a bit of fudging last year).
- No prize. Just the love and admiration of the heaving masses.
Don’t panic if your comments don’t show up right away. When a comment contains a few links it gets held back for spam checking.
Other stuff I loved:
Bosko, Honey and Ukebox – If I Didn’t Care
James Hill – Ode to a Frozen Boot
Poopy Lungstuffing – Oh Demon Alcohol
Michael Wagner – Love Song
Rio en Medio – Kill the Messenger
Timesbold – All Readymade
Ukulelezo – Optional Accessory
Maddi J* – Away