Lana Del Rey – Video Games (Tab)

Lana Del Rey – Video Games (Tab)

Lana Del Rey has had a real love/hate reaction. I am very firmly in the love camp but I can see why some people would have an instant negative reaction. Although people accusing her of being a slick record company product obviously haven’t seen her being interviewed.

The arrangement I did for the video was fairly haphazardly busked together so it’s a bit all over the place. The timing in particularly I’ve tidied up for the tab.

Buy the MP3

1. Dan October 27th, 2011 8:44 pm

I like her voice and I like the melody of the song (and she is really cute).

I don’t understand the lyrics at all.

This sounds really nice Woodshed. Great job!

2. Woodshed October 28th, 2011 3:34 pm

Dan: I think I understand the lyrics. I find them painfully close to the bone.

3. Fraser October 31st, 2011 11:30 am

Good job indeed…well done.Ever thought of giving Big Star’s ‘Thirteen” a go?.I’m sure you would do it justice with your arrangements.

4. Carlton November 1st, 2011 9:38 pm

I hadn’t heard of this song before you made your video. I have now and both versions are excellent. Thanks for the TAB.

5. Woodshed November 1st, 2011 9:53 pm

Carlton: Thanks! Glad you like it.

6. Stephen November 2nd, 2011 12:51 pm

Ok this is excellent, sounds fantastic, great take on a gorgeous song.

7. Abbie November 2nd, 2011 10:52 pm

Man that’s difficult – I haven’t tried playing anything other than straight chords yet! Seems like a good one to start tabs with though, I just need some more practice. Great arrangement!

8. Woodshed November 3rd, 2011 11:26 am

Stephen: Thanks!

Abbie: Good luck with the practicing!

9. Dan November 5th, 2011 1:00 am

I have been listening to Lana Del Rey since I posted on the 27th. I love her voice. I cannot stop listening to her. I have listened to everything she has on the YouTubes multiple times. She has a lot of songs that would be good on uke just strumming, but are lyrically from a woman’s perspective :)

Also, to the criticisms that she is manufactured – I would say yes in her appearance. Someone probably discovered her and realized they had to reimage her a bit to sell her. But the music isn’t manufactured at all. She has been making music like this for awhile. She simply ran into the care of a good marketeer.

I had never heard of her before. Thanks for introducing us to her Woodshed!

BTW I think I understand Video Games lyrics now. I think I have been in that situation as well.

10. Jamie November 5th, 2011 3:49 am

Speaking of video games (segue), have you ever done any video game tabs? I’d like to request a very specific piece, but I don’t know if the comment section is the right place to do it?

11. Woodshed November 5th, 2011 7:29 am

Dan: I’m very glad I could turn you on to her.

Jamie: I have. Quite a few. And there’s currently one in the works (from Minecraft).

12. Jamie November 5th, 2011 11:06 am

You’re doing a track from Minecraft? That’s amazing. All of the music in that game just blows my mind.

So, uh, I guess I’ll request here. Call Of Magic i.e. the theme from The Elder Scrolls series of RPGs. I figured it is pretty fitting considering that TES V: Skyrim comes out on the eleventh of this month.

Sorry if it seems like I’m spamming up your comments section. I’ve just been in love with this theme for years now.

13. Allenfeather November 5th, 2011 8:45 pm

Love it! thank you so much Woodshed :)

14. Woodshed November 6th, 2011 8:08 am

Allenfeather: You’re welcome.

Jamie: Thanks for the suggestion.

15. Neil November 6th, 2011 8:43 pm

Great song, check out the live version from Jools Holland’s show on youtube. I’m addicted to it!!

16. Woodshed November 7th, 2011 7:50 am

Neil: I thought she was awful on Jools Holland! She was all over the place. Obviously very nervous.

17. Kathleen December 20th, 2011 5:33 am

That was really wonderful and I am in the love Lana group. And like someone else said, Ill check back with ya in 2018 after I get those tabs together. Thank you!

18. Woodshed December 20th, 2011 8:24 pm

Kathleen: I’m looking forward to it already.

19. Gerard January 7th, 2012 12:46 pm

OMG impressive! love it, but i think that ur wrong in the part where she say “it’s that tru?”. this true is an A, but i cant find the way to play the chord. still awesome

20. FRASER MORRISON January 7th, 2012 4:10 pm

I feel ignored !!!

21. Woodshed January 7th, 2012 6:31 pm

Fraser: You were ignored, I’m afraid. There are rules for making requests and you didn’t follow them.

22. Woodshed January 7th, 2012 6:32 pm

Gerard: Well, it’s my arrangement rather than a direct cover so I don’t think you can really call it wrong.

23. FRASER MORRISON January 7th, 2012 6:40 pm

Well my apologies…didn’t know about the rules of engagement !!

24. FRASER MORRISON January 7th, 2012 6:41 pm

Armadillo !!

25. ellie February 14th, 2012 2:33 pm

wow, this is really amazing! i loe the song and never thought that it would sound so good on a uke. please can you make a tutorial so that i could learn how to play it this well?

26. Woodshed February 14th, 2012 11:28 pm

ellie: Sorry, I don’t do video tutorials.

27. karina March 13th, 2012 9:34 am

simply beautiful….. my brother in law introduce me to lana, and i love her… i can’t imagine what my brother in law will do if he saw me playing this on my uke … haha

nice job woodshed :)

28. Woodshed March 15th, 2012 12:32 pm

karina: Thanks! I hope he’s suitably impressed.

29. CeeCee October 3rd, 2012 5:34 pm

Can we please have Dark Paradise by Lana Del Rey?

30. Cara January 31st, 2013 2:37 pm

Thanks for that! Wowee, I can’t believe I only just found this site! I’ve just started playing recently, (had a couple of ukes for ages but never got around to any self teaching), these chords and tabs are very helpful :)
    I have been getting mixed signals about this one actually! Some people saying its great, some saying crap… Personally I think it’s quite a nice song, I first heard it on Triple J, but that was actually a cover, I don’t suppose you’ve heard the Bluejuice Like A Version cover have you? It’s really quite good :)
    Oh yeah, do you know where I could find the chords to Laura Marling’s “My Friends”? I’ve been scouring the Internet for them because its such a great song, do you have them on here by any chance?
    Sorry this comment sort of evolved into a novel!