Sophie Madeleine – Take Your Love With Me (The Ukulele Song) (Chords)

Sophie Madeleine – The Ukulele Song (Chords)

Sophie Madeleine might have hit it big with The Beard Song, but I think this song is a really impressive piece of songwriting. There are quite a few ukulele songs around that could have been written on any instrument. But I think this one could only have come out of a ukulele.

There are a lot of traditional ukulele touches in the chord progression: the move from C to E7 (familiar from Five Foot Two), the use of diminished chords, the I7 chord (both of which are classic George Formby tricks). But it doesn’t sound dated and kitsch at all.

Buy the MP3 on BandCamp.

More Sophie Madeleine

Sophie Madeleine interview
Beard Song (Chords)
Rocky and Balls – I Heart You Online (Chords)
The Stars (Chords)

1. John Birsner September 18th, 2011 12:32 am

What a sweet little tune! Thank you for putting the chords up. Have learned so much from your blog. I hear Sophie’s coming to the USA; fat chance she’ll make it to the Antelope Valley. Cheers, John, High Desert Ukulele Club

2. Katrina March 13th, 2012 1:20 am

I am having some trouble with the fingering. This tab doesn’t have your usual suggestions for which fingers to use on which strings for the chords. Any help?

3. Katrina March 13th, 2012 1:32 am

Nevermind. I couldn’t wait and I’ve figured it out! : )

4. Mike June 9th, 2012 5:50 pm

Thanks for the chords but, because i am new to the uke I am slightly confused. In some of your sheets F is played 2010 but others its 2013 which is correct and towards the end there is a Dmajor instead of Dminor is this a mistake or is that how it is supposed to be because you didn’t put the dmajor chord on the sheet?

5. Simon July 12th, 2012 10:55 am

Does anyone have an easier way of playing Adim? The fingering is horrible!

6. Bob December 27th, 2012 12:21 pm

Many thanks for this. My first attempt at a uke song with my new uke. I’ve almost got it. In the middle section you’ve got a D chord, but its not listed at the top, am I being thick, or has no one else spotted this??

Bob

7. Bob December 27th, 2012 12:42 pm

Yes, D major is the right chord, but missing from top of sheet. 2220 works for me for anyone who’s still wondering Thanks for putting this up, I can now play my first uke song.

8. Woodshed December 27th, 2012 9:25 pm